Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Happy belated Mother's Day everyone! I would like to dedicate this entry to my own mother, Rosemary Graves Hale. The best mom a gal could ask for! I have a little book from first grade to prove it, (below.)

Mom (she always does this pose...don't ask me why.)


My Mother by Katherine Hale (age 6)



55 FEET TALL and 30 POUNDS!! Wow. The 36 years old is what really freaks me out. That is only a few years older than I am now. It is hard to believe my Mom was wrangling and loving on three children, creating the most safe and secure environment for us, keeping the houseplants alive and making the yummiest dinners ever. (I can barely keep it together for one baby.) What an amazing woman, and humongous shoes to try to fill with my own family! Hopefully, the genes will help fill half.

Anyhoo - back to our Mother's Day event, Matthew organized a brunch extravaganza surrrrprrrrise for Mom (at her house of course ;) We had steak, eggs and yummy fried taters. It was delicious. Another plus being that the men did all of the cooking and cleaning...score. Here are some pictures from the big day...

Tracey (mother of FOUR), Mom, Me & Marie (New mom to baby Rose)


Matt getting ready to grill, bring on the Monterey Steak seasoning, boys.


Pj and Jasper prepping the grill, (notice the spatula, it cracks me up.)


Dad getting his "grilling" drink ready



Mama Marie and sweet Rose


Rose in her adorable outfit...it was so cute, I had to put two pics on here.


Tracey sneaking Jasper a taste of ice cream. I think she is vying for "favorite auntie" title.


...as you can see, he loved it.


"...whuuuut? I'm not doing anything?"


Well, it was my first Mother's Day as a mom myself, and we had a blast! Plus, Jasper got his two bottom teeth...he is growing by leaps and bounds. I just can't believe it. Some would say he is a baby, but he has seriously grown into a little person. Now that he can roll, his little personality has blossomed. Similar to when he was a baby, he is spirited and bossy...but with more outlets to express himself. Here is what he wore for me last Sunday, and the beautiful fushia plant for our new front porch...



I leave you with pictures of a mutha of anotha. As we were leaving Mom and Dad's place, we saw this adorable little family running across the road. I HAD to stop the car for this blog gold. Aren't they adorable!! HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE, you too Canadian Geese!


"hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom..."


"...wait up...hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom..."

No comments: