Monday, May 4, 2009

Virginia OR BUST!

Well it is official, we have moved out my parents house. So sad, but it was time. Jasper, PJ and I will miss seeing Mom and Dad's smiling faces everyday. It was so great to have Mom as a roomie for the little time it lasted. We had a blast watching our TV viewing schedule and coffee infested chit-chats. It was much more fun to yell at the characters of Days of Our Lives with someone who truly comprehends the emotional roller coaster that soap sends me on! For those of you who aren't watching...YOU SHOULD BE! The storyline has finally gotten G-O-O-D after 10 years. (That Nicole is going to get it from EJ, I can't wait.) Also, Mom introduced me to the beauty of DVR. Jen and Carrie were always telling me it would change my life...well it has. I will never go back to those archaic times of live viewing. As God as my witness, NEVER. (Speaking of, I have an exciting episode of Celebrity Apprentice taunting me as I type.)

So, we have finally moved to the small & quaint town on Staunton, VA, http://www.visitstaunton.com/. It is located at the halfway point between Pj's job in Charlottesville and my family in Harrisonburg. There is an adorable downtown with mom & pop shops & restaurants. Jasper & I can't wait for the rain to pass so we can go explore! "How small is it?", you may ask. Well, let me put it this way...we were in need of a Kinko's, did a quick google search, and the closest Kinko's was 30 minutes away! Hahahahaha, something to get used to I guess. Well it worked out in the end, because it forced us to find and hook up our scanner/printer. Which led me to scanning some funny photos from the past, (I have one example below). We never opened any of the decor flavored boxes (frames, pics, vases, etc.) from San Diego, so I have been thoroughly enjoying the pleasant surprises that were awaiting me. (Besides fun pics I forgot about, I found a coffee bean grinder...SCORE.) I can't wait to open more long forgotten cardboard treasure chests...it is like xmas around here, seriously.


Circa 1999. whoa.

We decided to move into an adorable 1920's house while we get the lay of the land in the valley. I hate moving, but I love decorating a new place. With that said, I finally cashed in my gift cert from Pj's mom, Sharon from Textile Arts. They sell gorgeous mid-century fabric and household items, http://store.txtlart.com/. I had been eye-ing the fabric hanging kits for weeks...and I finally had a room to inspire the creation of one. See the apple of my eye below...


On the Jasper front, he has been making developmental leaps and bounds! He had been rolling over from his front to back "accidentally" for the past few weeks...but last week, he intentionally rolled from his back to tummy at least 10 times! He is the perfect physical speciman, I tell ya. His focus is unbelievable...I sometimes wonder if two trippy hippies like Pj and myself somehow created a meathead athlete. I like to think Jasper will become a european "f(oooooo)tball" jock. Only time will tell! Also, he started rice cereal this past month, and LOVED it. I think he had been waiting for it his entire life. He was sooooo excited, and knew exactly what to do with that baby spoon. He has been eye-ing anything I eat out of a bowl ever since...did I mention he is extremely smart as well. ;)


We also had the opportunity to visit with Pj's brother, Brian, parents, Sharon & Brad and our neice and nephew, Madi and Trevor in D.C. Jasper was so happy to finally meet his gifted cousins! Even though the trip was short, it was great to see everybody. Plus - the drive to NOVA (a mere 2 hours) fits perfectly in Jasper's nap schedule, so I see us visiting again very soon. Just another perk and reason for relocating.

The McNicholas's (me, Jasper, Pj, Brian, Trevor & Madison)
Bro's before Ho's (Pj & Jasper hanging with Uncle Bri)
Jasper meeting his cousins, Madi & Trevor for the first time!
...and he LOVED THEM of course!
Jasper and TiTi sharing a joke. Jasper is hilarious.
Jasper and PaPa, another highly anticipated first time meeting.
Happy family of THREE
Brad & Sharon's new SMART car! Isn't it adorable? It is even cuter when you see Brad in the front seat driving!


I leave you with some random cutie-pie photos of J-style. ENJOY!



1 comment:

Carrie C said...

OMG-u posted. I have waited forever and then-YOU TOTALLY POSTED. SO exciting. Jasper continues to be adorable-like the onesie shot-the hat was a nice addition to the overall outfit;)