Monday, April 21, 2008

hang with me folks...

Okay, here is the trouble...the house computer is actually out of the house, along with all of my photos. So, please hang with me folks...I am about to reveal the most amazing bathroom tile EVER...I am not kidding, Home Depot better start reimbersing me for all the revenue they will be making off of my referral and tile discovery. Everyone loves the charming microtile, vintage homes feature in such publications as, This Old House (see below...)

(example)

...but if anyone has ever gone on the tile hunt, they will quickly discover that these "charming" tiles are not so charming when you go to price them out. Besides, trying to locate a retailer, they are very expensive (think $20 sq/ft or more.) So, somehow my computer google search was growing exhausted of my constant "vintage hexagonal tile" search...and on one late mysterious evening, the stars were aligned and my search retrieved this miraculous find. The most adorable, perfect mix of old and new penny-rounds I HAVE EVER SEEN...

($jack-pot$)

...it is like candy isn't it? They actually do resemble those candy covered sweethearts you can get at the movie theatre. I swear, I have feelings towards this tile similar to that I have for 8 week old puppies and anything dollhouse miniature. The best part is, that they are less than $6 a sq ft, (plus they come in different colors, such as cobalt blue and metallic gold! Merola Tile has actually expanded their offering since our purchase...I am planning our final bathroom remodel in my head as I type. METALLIC GOLD!? Should I dare?...)

Anyhoo, take note, Home Depot does not sell this in their stores, so you have to order it online. To avoid shipping charges, I recommend going to your nearest store. They can "special order" it, you just have to go pick it up....so WORTH avoiding the INSANE shipping charges associated with 50 or more lbs of ceramic boxes!

We decided to use this tile for a "rug" effect. We paired the micro tile with some 12x24 grey marble tile we also purchased super-dooper cheap at a local tile warehouse here in K-town. So far I am very pleased with our creativity...

(for some reason you can see the tile marks...it doesn't look like that in person)


(Check out our new mack-daddy tub, THAT I did not get a deal on, unfortunately)

(**Quick Flashback - this is the accompanying ebay vanity that will go in this room...)
Unfortunately, those are the only pics I have available to me at the moment...More tiling pics in the near future!! By the way, we are getting our Master Suite hardwoods refinished tomorrow...I will definitely update with pics of that part of our house soon...It is an amazing metamorphosis. I can't wait to share! Until then, enjoy The Hills tonight my friends, (I don't care what perezhilton.com says, there is NO FREAKIN' WAY those girls can act THAT WELL...no way freakin' way.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The James' Family has already seen it in person...:))) Marvellous!

glecleir said...

Dang girl... you guys are making serious progress! It looks great in the pics. We'll have to check it out in person

Wine Time said...

I really like the tile! Great bathroom. Nice Work!