Sunday, April 13, 2008

eBay takes over the world and A dedication to Marty Roberts

Honestly, I have no clue how anyone stays in business with eBay around...the perfect answer to supply/demand economics, it's beautiful. I say this after several months of searching for the perrrrr-fect vanities for our bthrm remodels. I rummaged through numerous websites, retail sites, home depots & lowes'...to great disappointment. I came to realize that VANITIES ARE EXPENSIVE, a lot of money for the cr*pola these places were selling. I decided to hit up eBay, I am not a huge eBay shopper and it always occurs to me as a last resort - Boy, was I mistaken. Check out these beauts...(I was able to purchase them for about 25% the price they were listed for on "a store that will remain unnamed" website.

Vanity for Full Bath Downstairs

Vanity for Master Bath UpstairsI am not going to lie, I paid quite a bit for shipping but we still paid less than purchasing stock cabinetry, countertops, faucets...etc. Also - always have someone there to help you carry the items in! The FedEx man arrived on a rainy, cold & dreary day with 600lbs of marble and wooden palettes to great dismay when I answered the door in my pajamas, slippers, steaming cup o' joe...and NO muscles in sight. Fortunately, the delivery gods were looking down opon me and had delivered me the son of Titan himself. This delivery man was like that Atlas statue (see below)...he should be used on FedEx commercials, seriously. Mr. Roberts ended up lifting these wooden pallets himself, up two flights of stairs onto our front porch. I have never seen anything like it. We of course ended up tipping him for his efforts, (he certainly went way beyond his job description.) To make him an even BETTER employee, he came by the day after and left us a "thank-you" note inviting us to join his church. Can you even believe that? Marty Roberts, this post is dedicated to you.

No comments: