Saturday, December 19, 2009

Party like its 1994! & I Heart Crafting for the Holidays...

Whew...it has been soooo busy these days!! (...in a good way.) Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. We had a wonderful time over at Mom & Dad's. The food was delicious and the company even better ;) Jasper took after his Daddy and LOVED Thanksgiving dinner...I think it is his fav munchies to date! Here are the few pics I took...

Whoa...It is so golden and BEAUTIFUL!


Jasper looking adorable, per usual.


Little Trouble Makers, (by the way lil Rose has been walking for over a month now!...and loving every minute of it.)


Where is Brade?....(hiding in his new birthday camoflouge.)


There he is!!!

The night after Thanksgiving, Pj and I attended my 15 year high school reunion. OMG! We had a blast! Maybe, it had something to do with it being our first night out together without the little one? I like to think it had more to do with the people! It was wonderful to see everyone again. We all looked damn good to say the least. Plus - I discovered I have some fans out there, Shout out to Kelley....HOLLA! Anyhoo - I was in charge of the decorations...and they were a big hit. I made a welcome banner, loads of glittery blue streak cut outs and customized table tents for all of the tables and bar. Unfortunately (like usual) I brought my camera BUT forgot to take even ONE picture! Luckily, my co-graduates took some great shots that I confiscated off of their facebook pages. GO BLUE STREAKS! (Did I mention I had absolutely NO budget? Oh well, it took me back old school, literally.)

The banner I created with scanned HS senior photos, and cheap white cloth. I actually hand-drew the letters, cut them out and sewed all of these letters on!


The awesome HHS decorating commitee, Leslie, me, Jenn & Julez #1, (Julie would actually sign all of her class assignments as that. I love her.)


Here is an example of the table tents I made for each senior superlative (Yes, I made 10 different tents.) Each side had a picture from the yearbook and then relevant early 90's trivia. They took me WAY too long to do...but were a great conversation piece for everyone.

"Funniest" circa 2009.
Yes, the picture is crude...but funny. (Heather just had a babe 3 wks prior to this photo! Doesn't she look great?!!)

Heather and Julez #1 posing with their tabletents. (Heather stole hers...she heart-ed it soooo much.)

Jump Around, jump around, jump up jump up and get down... (click on link to take you back, hahahaha i love it so much.)

Dan the Man, the original doing his infamous scissor dance to his theme song mentioned above. I would like to add, this pic doesn't do his jump justice.

On to the Christmas preprations and celebrations! This year I finally created cards for our loved ones. Note to all those out there going to Kinko's...I think their printers stink! I tangled with the representative over their print quality. The actual printed cards didn't display JJ's blue eyes...and the shadows were WAY too dark. To all of those who received a card...THIS is what it was supposed to look like. Oh well, I didn't have time to go somewhere else. My lesson learned in procrastination. It's the thought that counts, right!?
Happy Holidays!

I am so excited about decorating this year! 1. We finally have a home with walls AND 2. It was a reason to sew together some fabric garland I have been salivating over since Jen made some at my baby shower last fall!
All of the perfectly cut and sewn fabric triangles.

The different patterns used. I was able to purchase this whole set of fat quarters on Etsy.com (Much cheaper and they have cooler fabrics available.)




I became so wrapped-up in the Xmas decorating mode, I even spiced up our photographs around the house...


You can't tell from this picture, but those Santa hats are miniscule...We're talking pencil erasure small. They crack me up everytime I walk by.
Well, I tried to take pictures of our Christmas tree...but they all came out fuzzy. This year is monumental, so I have to document. It is the first year all of my ornaments from my childhood are represented. I swear, it is just like that Hallmark commercial...the young mother is opening a package from her mother with each year's ornament opening the flood gates of memories. I swear, I teared up with some of these.

Jasper inspecting the looming green giant in front of him. As of yet, he still has not crawled within 2 feet of the tree and gifts.




A couple of weekends ago it snowed, and I thought that was it until March...A few pics below.) Little did I know that we would recieve 24 inches last night!!!No joke, we can't even see our cars parked on the street! I am too bummed about the cancellation of Jasper's birthday party today, so I didn't celebrate this latest snowfall with any pictures. I am sure I will give in tomorrow. Ugh. Notice the light in the pics below...a gorgeous blue! (We were up WAY too early with Jasper's latest 4:30am wake-up schedule.)


Later - gonna go eat some Christmas cookies!

1 comment:

jen mowrer said...

kitty kat, what a wonderful post! i loved everything about it - the reunion (your banner is A to the W to the E to the S to the O to the M to the E), the GARLAND (you go, girl - yours is perfect!!!), anything jasper - but my favorite things are your santa hats. i was literally LOL-ing.

you.are.brilliant.

miss you!!!